20.4.04

Thumb Your Way to Urbana Iliinois

Starting Wednesday and running through the weekend Roger Ebert will stage his sixth Overlooked Film Festival, Roger's annual collection of films released with minimum attention or not properly picked up for distribution. My temptation here is to weigh in with my own recommendations, but considering that this is an event staged by the nation's eminent film reviewer I'll demure my opinion.

The most visible name on the list would be "Tarnation", which made a big impact at Sundance in 2003. "People I KNow" is a wholly original indie with Al PAcino playing a freelance PR rep with an unspiraling life. One title I will point to is "Tully" and that is due to the fact that it was initially distributed on a small scale by Small Planet Pictures, a local outfit I have come to know.

No comments: