10.2.04

Follow the Yellow Brick Road to the Grey Bar Motel

Let me be the first to forward an unfounded yet deeply important conspiracy. I have come to believe that the 1978 Sidney Lumet movie The Wiz has a curse hanging over it. While we have become intimate over the past few years with the legal troubles of one cast member we now learn that a second star from the show will do jail time. That just leaves third road crew member and poetic game show panelist Nipsey Russell to run afoul of the law. While many may feel this unlikely, I point to the lyrics of a Tin Man song, titled "Slide Some Oil On Me", warbled by Russell himself:

Slide some oil to me
Let it trickle down my spine
If you don't have S.T.P.
Crisco will do just fine

Slide some to my elbows
And to my fingers if you would
Slide some oil to me, girl
Whoo! Don't that feel good!


In this day of the internet I say it will just be a matter of time before poor judgment catches up with him. Just ask this this newscaster.

No comments: