27.2.04

In Through the Out Door of the Closet

I pulled this great quote off of WordSpy concerning the term Retrosexual, a new designation in the era of Metro-, Hetero-, and all the other sexuals-du-jour:
A retrosexual is simply someone who doesn't know the difference between teal and aqua, and frankly couldn't give a damn.
—Margaret Wente, "I married a retrosexual," The Globe and Mail


Now, I have always fashioned myself as the quitessential retrosexual, if not an outright flaming Hetero. Except, I do know the difference between Aqua and Teal. Aqua incorporates more greenish hues while Teal is more of a richer shade of sky blue, so named after the patch of color found on the wings of the teal duck.

I have to wonder, does this mean that I have bled over to the side of the metrosexual? Am I perilously close to joining the throngs becoming wed on Castro in San Fran? Is any of this mitigated by the fact that I have this emperical wisdom of the colors because of sports? (The Dolphins have Aqua in their uniforms while the Marlins employ Teal for their insignia.)

I'm just too confused. I'll drop in a Kevin Kline movie to make me feel better.

No comments: